Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New goodies you gotta hear.

Oh man. I included a track by a new French math/punk/rock band called Mammouth a couple of weeks ago, and then I just forgot about them. I heard them again yesterday, and I'm listening to them now, and this band is really great. They have two short songs with vocals and the rest are instrumentals, including a fourteen-minute burner, on their seven-track album called Mortis Missouri (love that title). You gotta check 'em out. I'm gonna be listening to these guys for years. Here's the album closer.



Also I want to give a shout-out to a very impressive solo musician who seems to be on a huge creativity binge lately. Marcos "Mimic" Meza, a.k.a. RawSteak, of California makes instrumental metal, largely of the progressive sludgy kind, all by himself, and it's the type of work that makes me really envious. You never know which direction he's gonna go, and it all flows extremely well. And he's putting new stuff out so fast I can barely keep up. Two full albums in January. Yeah. And they're amazing. Really nice guy when I talk to him online, too. I've put two of his songs on my 8tracks playlists already, but here's an even newer one, the title track from his new album DeathCrawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment